When it comes to a new home, or upgrades to your existing home for 2018, it pays off to be creative. Here are a few ideas to consider:
- A bathroom vanity does not have to be traditional. An old chest of drawers, a file cabinet, a sewing cabinet or a tool stand can be converted to hold your sink and provide the storage you need, especially in a powder room. Look around and use your imagination, there are so many fun options.
- According to Houzz, modern bar stools have become extremely popular. New bar stools can liven your space and provide the seating you need and are not a huge expense. So take a risk with some cool bar stools, or paint some yourself.
- It’s easy to have fun with your cabinet hardware, also known as the “jewelry” of the kitchen. Think of your hardware in this way and design some jewelry for your home.
- Rather than choosing a tile backsplash that stops at the bottom of your cabinets, consider creating a full wall of tile for a more bold look in the kitchen.
- Just like the bathroom vanity, a kitchen island can start as something else that then gets re-purposed as an island. Remember to consider the height of the island during your search. Additionally, it can be painted in a different, contrasting color.
- Put as much thought into your ceiling, as you do your walls. We’ve all seen a highlight wall that’s been painted a different color, or has a unique surface, such as wood or tile. This can be an interesting idea for a ceiling as well. Make it special and unique.
- Pendant lights don’t only have to be used above the island in your kitchen; Consider hanging a couple of pendants on either side of the bed above the night stands.
There are so many fun ideas that can update an existing home or bring some character to a new home. Keep your options open and think outside the box.